The General Section allows you to change general settings for how the chat server runs. For example, you can
configure administrator passwords, and control the ports that the control center and chat client are accessed
through and more. The functionality in the General section is contained on several pages each of which is described
in more detail below.
Copyright © 1998—2007, RealChat Software. All rights reserved.
- Welcome - contains basic information about getting started with
- Access Control - allows you to secure the Control Center so
unauthorized users cannot access it.
- Bind Settings - allows you to configure the IP address and ports used to
serve the chat service and control center.
- System Info - allows you to register your copy of RealChat, check for
updates, and display information about the server.
- Advanced - allows you to modify several settings to fine tune the
performance of the RealChat server.